Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Hendrix Scholarship competitions: Bethel University is hosting its Annual Hendrix Scholarship competition. Current seniors that meet the 3.25 GPA and 24 ACT/1090 SAT requirements are encouraged to apply. You can apply online. The first place winner receives full tuition room and board for four years, the second place winner receives full tuition for four years. All of the applicants are eligible for academic scholarships ranging from $4,000-$6,000, up to $10,000 if accepted into the honors program.
- Best Buy Scholarship Program: Students in grades 9-12 living in the U.S. & Puerto Rico are eligible to apply. Students need solid grades plus community service or work experience! Apply online. Scholarship amount: $1,000 - www.bestbuy-communityrelations.com or www.at15.com
- The American Legion High School Oratorical Scholarship Program: 9-12 grade students are welcome to apply. Complete the application found in the College Advising office. The contestants must come ready to give a Prepared Oration not less than eight minutes and not more than ten minutes on some phase of the Constitution of the United States which will give emphasis to the attendant duties and obligations of a citizen to our government. Also at the competition Assigned Topics will be put in a box and drawn at random for each contestant. There are four Assigned Topics and they are listed in the Scholarship form.
- Tennessee Association of Conservation Districts wishes to award six $600 scholarships to graduating seniors who plan to major in Agriculture and pursue a career in this field. The applicants must be accepted to a Tennessee public university. If you would like to apply, stop by the college advising office and get an application. We will attach a transcript and mail it for you.
- Buick Achievers Scholarship Program: You are making a difference. In your classroom and in your community. If you have the passion to succeed especially in fields of study important to the automotive and related industries the Buick Achievers Scholarship Program is looking for you. This year, we will award 1,100 scholarships, including 100 renewable scholarships of up to $25,000 per year. If you are interested in this great opportunity, please go online and apply. Stop by the Office of College Advising if you have any questions! - http://www.buickachievers.com/
- Renaissance: The Bethel Performing Arts Experience - Bethel University is looking for any and all students interested in receiving athletic-style scholarships to be a part of Renaissance, the Bethel Performing Arts Experience. Renaissance is a three tier program containing sections in Vocal Music, Musical Theater, and Instrumental Music. In the Renaissance program we award scholarships similar to those in athletics which simply means that you can major in any one of our university's many majors and receive a large scholarship for your participation and dedication to performance in our program. We seek out anyone with talent and passion for the arts. To schedule audition call Deborah Noble at (731) 352-0405 ext. 202 - www.bethelu.edu/renaissance
- Scholar Athlete Milk Mustache of the Year (SAMMY) Award Program: The got milk? campaign is looking to reward hard work with a college scholarship and a fun-filled weekend! If you area graduating senior who excels in academics, athletics and community service and starts everyday with a healthy breakfast, you could win big! If you are the student that fits this description, apply for the chance to win a $7500 scholarship, an awards weekend at Walt Disney World and the opportunity to star in a special got milk? milk mustache ad in USA Today! Please go online to apply. - email
- American Legion Tennessee Auxiliary- Vara Gray Scholarship Fund- If you are a graduating senior high school student living in our state, and you are the dependent of a veteran, you're half-way to qualifying for this scholarship. In addition to your application you will need to submit letters of recommendation, an essay, and your nomination from a local American Legion Auxiliary Unit. Awards are in the amount of $500 each. If you would like to inquire about this opportunity, contact: American Legion Tennessee Auxiliary Department Headquarters, 104 Point East Drive, Nashville, TN 37216. Phone: 615-226-8648 and Fax: 615-226-8649. There is no website available for this resource.
- Leaders Credit Union Martha Britt Scholarship is offering a scholarship award for up to $1,000 per student. The award is given to West Tennessee high school students who portray leadership in his/her school and community. The scholarship requires that the student, a parent or a grandparent be a member of the Leaders Credit Union. It can be mailed or dropped off to Edie Whitman at Leaders Credit Union. The scholarship committee will select award recipients and notify them before the end of the school year.
- Youth Volunteer Scholarship Award: To be eligible for the award the student must of completed a minimum of 50 hours of volunteer work over the past two years, must have maintained a GPA of 3.5 or greater over the past two years, must be under the age of 21, and must submit an essay on this year's topic. - http://www.bbgcommunicationscorp.com
- Healthy Choices Scholarship-$500 award. The student must be a U.S. or Canadian resident. A student can be enrolled at any level in any program that is two years in length or longer. - http://www.chiropractorkelowna.ca
- Scholarship by Design Award-$500 award To be eligible for the Scholarship by Design Award the student must be currently attending high school as a senior or as an undergraduate student, be a resident of the U.S. or Canada, and be currently attending school on a full time basis. - http://www.studentscholarships.org/2013scholarships.php
- Black and Lee Scholarship-$500 Award To be eligible for the Black and Lee Scholarship a student must be between the ages of 15 and 20, submit answers to the essay question prior to the deadline - http://www.studentscholarships.org/scholarshipsandgrants.php
- Caretenders Scholarship Program-$500 award To be considered eligible for the Caretenders Scholarship Program you must be attending an accredited university, college, trades,or technical school. - http://www.oakvilleretirementhomes.ca/management.php
- LM Scholarship Program-$1,000 award To be considered eligible for the LM Scholarship Program you must be currently enrolled or expects to be enrolled in a degree program (2 years or greater) by September. Additionally, to be eligible a student must have a GPA or 3.0 or higher and submit an answer to the essay question prior to the submission deadline. - http://www.forkliftcertificationsurrey.com
- Rogers Community Volunteer Scholarship-$500 In order to be eligible for this scholarship, you must be attending school on a full time basis and be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at any level. Additionally, you must have contributed a minimum of 10 hours of volunteer service within your community during the last 12 months and have maintained a GPA of 2.5 or greater - http://www.whiterockdentists.com
- Sedary & Associates Scholarship-$500 award To be eligible for the scholarship a student must be between the ages of 16-22 on the day the application is due, be enrolled in a college, university, trades, or technical school and submit an essay answering the question on the sponsors website. - http://www.divorcelawyerssurrey.ca
- Solar Action Alliance is excited to offer one $1000 scholarship to a hardworking, motivated student. Please go to www.solaractionalliance.org for more information. - https//solaractionalliance.org/scholarship
- B. Davis Scholarship: The creators of the Student Award Search Aid website are offering a scholarship. Please visit our website at http://www.studentawardsearch.com/scholarships.htm to read about us and to apply for our scholarship. While you're there, please browse through the rest of the site to learn more about applying for scholarships. Amount of Scholarship: $1,000 If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]. - http://www.studentawardsearch.com/scholarships.htm • email
- The Bird Dog Foundation Youth Art Contest: The Bird Dog Foundation's Annual Sporting Dog Art contest for grades K-12 is held each year has become very popular with local school age children. The deadline for submissions is January 15th of each year. The Annual Art Contest Award Ceremony is TBA each year. Please check thewebsite for updates on these dates. Contest rules and guidelines can be seen on the website, as well. - http://www.birddogfoundation.com/Art%20Contest.htm
- The Bird Dog Foundation Essay Contest: The Bird Dog Foundation, Inc. has established a Scholarship Fund to promote interest in wildlife conservation and related subjects. An annual College Scholarship Essay Contest sponsored by the Bird Dog Foundation, Inc. has been in effect for several years now. This contest was created in the hopes that it would enhance scholarly training and education in wildlife and wildlife conservation as well as give financial aid for tuition the college-bound student. High School seniors whose primary, home residence is in Tennessee, Mississippi or Arkansas are eligible to enter this contest. First and Second Place winners will be chosen. Winners will receive a one-time scholarship payable to an accredited college, university or other bona fide institution of his/her choice upon proof of registration at that institution. Currently, the 1st Place Award is $1,500.00. and the 2nd Place Award is $1,000.00. The annual deadline for submissions is by or before midnight of April the 15th of each year. Essays may be dropped off in person or mailed or shipped, emailed or faxed. If mailed, all essays must be postmarked by April 15th.- http://www.birddogfoundation.com/Art%20Contest.htm
- University of Memphis Audition Days Applicants seeking undergraduate scholarships should apply to the University and to the School of Music - http://www.memphis.edu/music/future/forms.php
- Hammons Charitable Scholarships: Must attend Union University. Preference is given to an active member of a Southern Baptist church.
- VFW Voice of Democracy: Audio essay contest for high school students in grades 9-12. Award: $1,000-$30,000. - www.vfw.org/index/cfm?fa=cmty.level&did=150
- John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Essay Contest: John F. Kennedy Library Foundation. For high school students grades 9-12. Must be nominated by a teacher. Award: Up to $10,000. - www.jfkcontest.org/
- The Tennessee Economic Council on Women's Foundation announces scholarship awards of $1,000 will be presented to a high school senior in each grand division of the state! Scholarship selection will be based on the following criteria:
- Record of academic achievement both in high school and college entrance exams,
- Participation and leadership demonstrated in school activities,
- Participation in community activities and/or girl scout activities, and
- Quality of letters of recommendations. The application and instructions are on the Foundation website, www.womenseconomicfoundation.org.
- Questions or additional information: contact Pat Pierce at [email protected] or call 615-390-7794
- AES Engineers Scholarship-AES Engineers scholarship deadline is less than a month away. Students will submit an essay on one of the two topics that appear on the scholarship page of the web site. $500 will be awarded - http://www.aesengineers.com/scholarships.htm
- The Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation is awarding $3 million to 250 students who are motivated, dedicated and involved. Apply online. - http://www.coca-colascholars.org
- GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program-annually awards roughly 20 college-bound students who demonstrate exemplary leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship with $10,000 renewable scholarships-up to $40,000 total per recipient. Visit www.reaganfoundation.org/scholarships or follow on Facebook at http://facebook.com/GEReaganScholarships.
- ApartmentList.com is offering a quarterly scholarship opportunity for a student to receive $2,500. The next deadline is December 1st. Please visit ApartmentList.com/scholarships for all the details. - https://www.apartmentlist.com/scholarship
- Good Call Scholarship Search Engine is one of the largest databases of scholarships on the web. Go to www.goodcall.com for more information. - http://www.goodcall.com/scholarships/search
- FMY Essay Scholarship-Each spring, FMY Orthodontics offers $2000 in scholarships to graduating high school seniors. In order to qualify, students must be current or former patients of FMY Orthodontics, maintain at least a B average during senior year and above average attendance during junior and senior years. Applicants must perform a minimum of 12 hours community service during senior year and be accepted for full time enrollment to attend an accredited community college or four year college or university. - http://www.fmyortho.com/fun_stuff.htm
- NFIB Young Entrepreneur Award: Young entrepreneurs who are graduating high school seniors are eliglible to receive a NFIB Young Entrepreneur Award from the NFIB Young Entrepreneur Foundation. Qualified candidates must be operating a small business. Visit www.NFIB.com/YEA for more information and apply online for the NFIB Young Entrepreneurs Awards. - www.NFIB.com/YEA
- National Wild Turkey Federation Scholarship Program: High school seniors with a 3.0 or higher, who plan to go to college, and hold a NWTF membership are eligible to receive a scholarship from the NWTF. Stop by the College Advising Office to pick up an application, along with instructions and requirements! - email
- Leadership Jackson Alumni Association Scholarship. You must be a current Senior in Madison County, TN and planning to attend college after your Senior year. Financial need is a determining factor. The amount of scholarship ranges from 1,000-2,000. See college advising for an application.
Use the Financial Aid Estimator - http://www.collegeboard.com
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - http://wwww.fafsa.ed.gov
Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation(TSAA) offers Financial Aid and Information - http://www.College PaysTN.com
Federal Student Aid