Register for camps and classes through one of the red links below. USJ camps are open to ALL students from any school.
If you have never attended a camp at USJ, use the red New Family button. If your child has participated in a summer camp before, use the red Returning Family button.
USJ will offer online academic, technology, and conservatory performing arts classes this summer. Our programs are open to all students from any school.
Registration for Summer 2020 is now open. You may gain access to our many day camps and classes, including more detailed information, by registering through one of the red links ABOVE.
More information about Camp Bruins, our summertime daycare, is available near the bottom of this page.
Questions? Contact Director of Summer Programs Melissa Zerfoss: [email protected].
USJ will host a variety of online performing arts private lessons for students interested in piano, theatrical, instrumental, voice, and guitar lessons. Open to all students from any school.
Information on piano, theatrical, and instrumental private lessons: Click Here
Information on voice and guitar lessons: Click Here
USJ faculty will offer ACT English, Math, and Reading/Science Preps before the June 13 and July 18 ACT national tests. Open to all students from any school.
NOTE: These classes are online.
For more information on these online preps: Click Here
ACT Reading/Science Prep: June 5 and 6 (Fri-Sat) from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. $95
ACT English Prep: June 8-11 (Mon-Thurs) 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. $155
ACT Math Prep: June 8-11 (Mon-Thurs) 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. $155
Click on one of the red links above to register your child for our ACT Preps. Questions? Contact Melissa Zerfoss at [email protected] or 731-300-3686.
|2019-2020 ACT Test Dates||
|June 13, 2020||May 8, 2020||May 9-22, 2020|
|July 18, 2020||June 19, 2020||
June 20-26, 2020
Camp Bruins, our summerlong daycare program, is designed for working parents who need extended care for their children over the summer. Our mission is to provide a safe, loving, relaxing, and fun environment for our students to spend their afternoons. Your children will love our organized program full of learning experiences and fun activities, which are developmentally-appropriate for 2-year-olds through rising 6th graders. Structured weekly themes include water play, arts and crafts, jumpers and inflatables, physical activities, and music. The program is licensed and operates under Department of Education guidelines. Campers may also participate in other USJ Summer Programs while attending Camp Bruins.
Dates: June 1-August 4, 2020; Mon-Fri (closed July 3)
Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
2020 Tuition: 5 days a week all summer: $1,800; 4 days: $1,370; 3 days: $1,170; 2 days: $880. Lunch is included in the price.
Registration and details for Camp Bruins Summer 2020 are available through one of the red links above. You may enroll your child for two, three, four, or five days each week.
By the week options are available for campers in rising Kindergarten through 6th grade. Rates are $195 for a 5-day week and $156 for a 4-day week.
The application deadline is April 15, or until filled, whichever comes first. Camp Bruins usually fills completely much sooner than the deadline so don't delay registration.
1. Do we offer care between May 26-29 or August 5-1, 2020? Unfortunately, no. In years past, we had designated daycare rooms that could immediately be utilized after school closed or just before the start of the school year. USJ's enrollment in the Lower School has grown so much that we no longer have designated daycare rooms. Camp Bruins staff needs those days at the end of the school year, and before the next year begins to swap supplies, toys, and classroom materials over between the various teachers.
2. Do we offer scholarships for camps or Camp Bruins? Unfortunately, at this time, we do not provide camp scholarships.
3. My child does not attend USJ. Can they attend any of the camps or Camp Bruins? YES! We are open to all students from any school.
4. Is there a deadline to register? Yes, April 15, 2020, is the regular registration deadline, or until full, whichever comes first. We offer open enrollment to our families first, then our returning non-USJ families, then to all students from any school. However, if you plan to enroll, please do so starting on March 1 (or February 15 for current families). We had several families that could not be accommodated last year because they missed the early enrollment periods. Camp Bruins has been full for the last several years. Make plans to enroll early.
5. Do you accept drop-ins? No, unfortunately due to regulatory requirements we cannot accept drop-ins in the summer. If your child is already enrolled in the full summer program for 2, 3, or 4 days a week, you can add on additional dates if needed by emailing Faith Dixon after registration.
Other Questions? Contact Director of Camp Bruins and After School Care Faith Dixon: [email protected].
Students from Kindergarten through 5th grade may participate in various after school enrichments including Art, Tennis, Gymnastics, TOT Basketball, and piano lessons. To enroll, click on one of the sign up links above after August 21, 2020. Questions? Contact Director Faith Dixon: [email protected].
The After School Care program is designed for working parents who need extended care for their children. Our mission is to provide a safe, loving, relaxing, and fun environment for our students to spend their afternoons. The program is licensed and operates under Department of Education guidelines. To enroll, click on one of the sign up links above. Questions? Contact Director Faith Dixon: [email protected].
The After School Study Hall program is designed for working parents who need extended care for their children. Study Hall hours are 3:15 to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday when school is in session. To enroll, click on one of the sign up links above. Questions? Contact Director Faith Dixon: [email protected].
Note: Registration for After School Programs and Mixed Carpool for the 2020-2021 school year will open in late July.