Dear Families and Friends:
Today is Giving Tuesday, a global generosity movement. And on this day, USJ thanks you – our families - the lifeblood of our institution!
The USJ family is a giving one, currently and historically; look no further back than 2019.
- In the spring, we held our annual Math-a-thon for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, raising almost $80,000 in the fight against pediatric cancer.
- In April, many of you supported the Bruins Booster Classic Golf Tournament. Your support of the Bruins Club continues to enhance our athletic facilities.
- In May, due to the incredible support of the Parent’s Club (which embodies virtually all of our 700+ families), we broke ground on our two new Lower School Playgrounds, now up and running and very popular.
- As school began in August, the IMAGINE More Capital Campaign became a reality. In addition to the new playgrounds, new gates, entrances, and fencing were added along McClellan Road; state of the art Press Boxes became a reality for Soccer and Softball, and a new turf football field was completed. Along with the football team, every sport on campus has access to the field. None of this could have been accomplished without your support!
- In September, our students organized a record haul of canned goods in support of RIFA. In fact, over 55,000 lbs were donated to assist with Jackson’s homeless and hungry population.
- This fall you’ve given to the Annual Fund in record numbers. Thank you!
- Just before Thanksgiving, your giving enabled the school to break ground on the long-overdue Lady Bruins Athletic Facility.
- You’ve supported Coach Bryce King in raising money to support JDRF and the fight against type 1 diabetes.
- We can’t say enough about all the blood, sweat, tears, and dollars that go into the Holiday Mart. For decades USJ parents have given Jackson a memorable holiday tradition that has done so much to support our school.
- Lastly, you give a priceless asset, TIME. Whether building sets for plays, working in the bakeshop at Holiday Mart, or participating in a clean-up day, you always show up!
On Giving Tuesday 2019, we give thanks for you and are truly grateful for all you give to make USJ such a special place for our children.
The USJ Development Team
Click the thumbnail below to launch gallery.